Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How to send a new Welcome email for Exchange 2010 United Messaging users

I was faced with a challenge today where several users reported that they didn't get their "welcome" email from Exchange when I configured them for Unified Messaging. I looked everywhere in the console for how to resend the email. No Powershell help. Nothing in technet. What to do....

I didn't really want to disable and then enable them. That seems pointless. There has to be a way!!! So I decided to just resent their PIN. Boom...another email was sent out. That is crazy but it worked. They received the email and were able to configure their voicemail.

Here are the steps I took (pretty easy):

1. Open Exchange Management Console
2. Expand "Recipient Configuration"
3. Find the user account that you need to send the email to
4. Right click the user account and choose: "Reset Unified Messaging PIN..."
5. Accept the defaults and click OK on the next screen.
6. This will general a new PIN and send an email to the user.

Here is the PowerShell command:

Set-UMMailboxPIN -Identity "bob ausmus"

No comments:

Post a Comment